History

In 1930, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wunibald Kamm, the first Professor of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines at the Technische Hochschule Stuttgart, established the private and nonprofit Research Institute of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines Stuttgart (FKFS). Under his direction, the FKFS became the largest and one of the leading research institutes in the field of automotive engineering. In addition to numerous projects involving motor vehicles and their engines, a major focus of his work dealt with automotive aerodynamics. Professor Kamm developed the so-called K-back car – the prototype of an aerodynamically innovative passenger car – and built the first full-scale wind tunnel for motor vehicles.

© 2013 FKFS Forschungsinstitut für Kraftfahrwesen und Fahrzeugmotoren Stuttgart | Impressum | Datenschutz