Information to be provided where personal data are collected from interested parties and customers in accordance with Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. Name and contact data of the controller
Research Institute of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 711 685-65888
2. Contact data of the Data Protection Officer
Dachauer Str. 65
3. Purpose and legal basis for processing
Purpose of the processing:
- Information about FKFS events
- Acquiring participants
- Initial contact
- Request for submission of lecture suggestions
- Informing those involved in the event about procedures and the program
- Contract fulfillment / lecture arrangements
- Sending Christmas greetings (with consent)
- Entry in the database (legitimate interest)
- Customer acquisition
- Information about FKFS projects, offers and services
Legal basis for processing:
Your data will be processed for the purposes of setting up or fulfillment of a contract, in accordance with point (b) S.1 of Article 6(1) of the GDPR.
Your data will be processed with your consent, e.g. for sending newsletters, in accordance with point (a) S.1 of Article 6(1) of the GDPR.
Your data may also be processed if necessary for our legitimate interests, in accordance with point (f) S.1 of Article 6(1) of the GDPR.
4. Receivers or categories of receivers of the personal data
Within our organization, the following positions and departments receive the personal data they need for the above-stated purposes.
- Marketing department
- Management board
- Technical departments
In addition, we sometimes make use of various service providers and will transmit your personal data to other trustworthy recipients. These could be, for example:
- Commissioned data processors
- Event agencies
- Data protection officers
- IT service providers
5. Transfer of personal data to a third country
There are no plans to transmit your personal data to a third country / an international organization.
6. Duration of the storage of your personal data
After the controller has collected your data, it will be stored for as long as is necessary to comply with the legal retention periods as per section 257 of the German Commercial Code (HGB) and section 147 of the German fiscal code (AO) for the fulfillment of the relevant task, (i.e. also for the organization of future events).
7. Rights of the data subject
You may exercise the following rights as laid down in the GDPR:
If your personal data is processed, you have the right to obtain access to your stored personal data, from the controller (Art. 15 GDPR).
If the personal data being processed is incorrect, you have the right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR).
Where the legal conditions are fulfilled, you can demand the deletion or restriction of processing of your data. You can also formally object to the processing of your data. (Art. 17, 18 and 21 GDPR).
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data – or a contract for the data processing exists and the data processing is carried out by automated means – you also have the right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
You continue to have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
8. The right to revoke consent
If you have given permission for your data to be processed by the responsible persons via an appropriate declaration, you can revoke this permission at any time for the future. This shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.