A test bench was equipped with the necessary peripherals for the thermal balancing of engines. These are essentially aggregates which condition the individual media with high precision, as well as special temperature measurement technology.
It is characterized by the following properties:
- Setting the temperatures of coolant, charge air, engine oil, fuel and intake air using high-precision controlled conditioning systems
- Determining the heat flows in liquid media using internally developed heat flow measurement units (HMU) that are applied between engine and conditioning system
- Determining the exhaust-gas temperature using so-called thermal combs
- Determining the heat radiation using special surface thermocouples
- Possibility for varying the flow rate of the coolant